We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Texas Children's Outpatient BCM OBGYN Clinic — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience required
- Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
- EPIC experience highly preferred
- Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment, complex interviewing techniques and instruments related to ambulatory care nursing in collection pertinent patient, family, or population specific data
- Develops and continuously updates an individualized plan for patients seeking care for health promotion, health malignance, or health-related situational problems
- Prioritizes interventions and implements the plan of care in partnership with the patient, family, caregivers, and other health care professionals in a timely manner
- Conducts a reevaluation and follow-up of care delivered based on the patient’s needs, the patient’s condition, or the patient’s request
- Incorporates the patient’s families’ and caregiver’s ability to understand and participate in the plan of care
- Uses ongoing reassessment data to revise the diagnoses, expected outcomes, and implementation of the plan as needed
- Demonstrates patient advocacy as evidenced in response to patient care issues and collaboration with the health care team
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.