We are searching for a Per Diem Registered Nurses for the Operating Room- Austin North Campus-- someone who works well in a fast-paced inpatient, operating setting. In this position, you will provide nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care circulating in the operating room. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- 1 year of circulating operating room experience required
- 1-year professional nursing experience required
- RN license from the Board of Nursing of the State of Texas required
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- Collects and analyzes data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Discusses the patient’s plan of care with team members, family and/or significant individuals and documents in the medical record as appropriate
- Determines which standards of care and practice apply to the patient; coordinates and communicates this information to other health care team members, in order to meet patient needs
- Implements and individualizes plan of care based on nursing assessment, reflecting the bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs of the patient/family
- Evaluates and documents patient’s response to the care provided and recognizes the patient’s progress toward meeting the desired outcomes and discusses with the patient/family
- Work in a variety of surgery settings including:
- Ophthalmology - minimal
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.