We are searching for an Administrative Assistant for Academic General Pediatrics— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. You will support the Section Chief and Practice Administrator, and ten practicing Providers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedule and maintain calendar, ensuring that it is current and accurate as directed by supervisor
- May coordinate and schedule surgeries
- Coordinate events, and conferences including preparation of itineraries and travel accommodations as directed by supervisor
- Prepare and/or assist with the preparation of computer-generated slides and/or hand-outs for the department and assist with the preparation of various publications according to graphics standards
- Format all correspondence in accordance with current graphics standards set by the Hospital within current graphics standards set by the Hospital within current grammar and secretarial practices
- Type and proofread letters, memos, reports, meeting notices, meeting agendas, meeting minutes for review by the Director and Managers checking for accuracy and completeness and then correctly finalizes all documents for copying, distribution, and filing
- Ensure inventories of major supplies are never depleted in area
- Prepare and submit vendor contract renewals or new contract initiations for the department
- Create annual Purchase Orders requests to use for vendor payments
- Ensure that requests are handled in a swift manner to avoid interruption of services (such as patient flow, and departmental and external communication)
- Open and review leader's incoming mail daily
- Distribute mail to staff members or other departments
- Prepare and send mail
- Maintain departmental Organizational Charts, Departmental Forms, Department Intranet Website and/or Policy and Procedures
- Serve as timekeeper for the department
Skills & Requirements
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 3 Years of Administrative Support Experience Required
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.