We are searching for a Outpatient Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Woodlands location — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
- EPIC experience highly preferred
- Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment, complex interviewing techniques and instruments related to ambulatory care nursing in collection pertinent patient, family, or population specific data
- Develops and continuously updates an individualized plan for patients seeking care for health promotion, health malignance, or health-related situational problems
- Prioritizes interventions and implements the plan of care in partnership with the patient, family, caregivers, and other health care professionals in a timely manner
- Conducts a reevaluation and follow-up of care delivered based on the patient’s needs, the patient’s condition, or the patient’s request
- Incorporates the patient’s families’ and caregiver’s ability to understand and participate in the plan of care
- Uses ongoing reassessment data to revise the diagnoses, expected outcomes, and implementation of the plan as needed
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.