We are searching for a Manager of Nursing, Perioperative Services - OR/CPSD – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage daily clinical and personnel activities and to provide administrative support to the Assistant Director. As the Nurse Manager you will participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- RN Licensure by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or Nursing Licensure Compact
- BLS Certification – Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
- Formal leadership experience
- CNOR certification
- Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
- Ensures the staffing needs of the department are adequately met. Creates and monitors staff schedules. Participates in the decision making processes for hiring new employees.
- Utilizing an inter-disciplinary approach, coaches and develops unit based staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. Assists in developing clinical nurses along the novice to expert continuum
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
- Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of equipment and supplies while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
- Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the IDS strategic plan to staff
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.