LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for Medical Technologist; someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· MT-STATE, MT-AAB, MT-AMT, CLSP, IMLS, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, MT-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MP-ASCP or MT-NCA certification required
· Performs DNA/RNA extractions and high-complexity Molecular testing on clinical specimens; maintains documentation systems such as worksheets, databases, logs, etc
· Accurately performs and interprets data from highly complex molecular assays based on theoretical knowledge and independent judgment in addition to established protocol, techniques and equipment manuals
· Orders supplies as needed to maintain critical reagent inventory levels and complete patient testing
· Performs and documents results of all quality control procedures, instrument calibration, and reagent preparation according to the written guidelines and immediately quarantines any defective reagents
· Participates in assay development, validation studies, special projects, teaching of other personnel, direct observations and continuing education
· Analyzes specimens in proficiency testing programs to validate procedural competencies by obtaining accurate results periodically as directed by supervisor and documented in records
· Provides age-appropriate care by following established technical protocols based on age of patient, using appropriate instrumentation, and reporting and interpreting results based on normal ranges
· Determines suitability of supplies at every step of handling from receipt to final disposition and immediately quarantines and/or discards unsuitable supplies
· Performs or assists the supervisor and other employees with troubleshooting reagent QC and instrument problems, evaluation of new instruments and procedures, and writing of new procedures
· Performs additional tasks at the discretion of the supervisor/manager, and/or medical director
About Texas Children’s