LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Certified Ophthalmic Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide ophthalmic technical support in the patient care area in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0 to 18 years) and adults as necessary.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· High school diploma or GED required
· COA or COT certification from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) required
· 2 years’ experience in an ophthalmology or optometry office required
· Performs preliminary measurements and exams on both pediatric and adult ophthalmology patients
· Performs visual acuity, color vision testing, lensometry, exophthalmometry, Amsler grid, Schirmer test, pupil evaluation, anterior chamber depth assessment, stereo testing, ocular motility on extraocular muscle actions, strabismus, amblyopia, and assessment methods on children and adults
· Performs basic instrument maintenance on ophthalmoscopes, retinoscopes, lensometers, perimeters, tangent screen, phoropter/trial frames, slit lamps, keratometers, muscle light, surgical instruments
· Participates in hospital quality improvement act ivies, offers written or verbal recommendations and participates in the development of team goals yearly
· Attends continuing education workshops, seminars and in-services and fulfills all mandatory educational requirements as documented on the staff development roster
· Assists physician in examining ROP infants in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
· Assures documentation of patient appointment compliance and contact patients prior to appointment
· Provides and/or arranges for and documents the training of department staff, to assure efficient department support staff operations and department-wide compliance with hospital and JCAHO standards
· Ensures the accurate management and documentation maintenance of department financial accountabilities, to ensure timely and accurate reports with timeframe established by hospital
About Texas Children’s