We’re hunting for an Ambulatory Services Rep II, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing virtual and/or non-virtual ambulatory clinics. May orient the patient to the virtual visit process to ensure patient success, if applicable. Will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointments, insurance, and history. Will collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. Will secure the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Admission- Check-In/Welcome desk, PAR's, Registration, Past Pending.
- Performs patient registration procedures per department process.
- May ensure patient is oriented to the virtual visit process and has all technology set up to successfully complete their visit.
- Ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit
- Communicates with patients, staff and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes.
- Alerts clinic staff and providers of any changes or discrepancies in patient’s scheduled appointment
- Refers all patients with inadequate funding to the financial counselor with zero reported complaints.
- Changes status of all appointments daily to reflect arrived, cancelled, no-show, or rescheduled status.
- Maintains an organized filing system of current referrals in progress and already appointed, communicates all missed appointments to PCP and destroys missed referrals after one month.
- Reviews new referrals with provider of the day regarding appropriate appointment status. Reviews provider schedule for open slots to appoint patients. Coordinates scheduling.
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process, e.g., calls escort, helps with paperwork as needed.
- May perform closing procedures (i.e.- reconciling fee receipts, completing deposit notification forms, reconciling petty cash, balancing the credit card machines, completing batch reports in accordance with department processes.
- Insurance Authorization/Collecting cash & deposits.
- Charge Entry, Billing and Reconciliation.
- Customer Service and communication.
- Flowmaster and Room Management.
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required H.S. Diploma or GED
- Required 2 years' experience in customer service with preferred Healthcare and/or Pediatric experience
- Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.