We are searching for a Patient Sitter Texas Children's Hospital Woodlands Campus- someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you provide a safe environment for patients, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED
- Mental Health experience highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate age appropriate care, work well with others, and follow directions from all staff members
- Able to prioritize and organize the workload
- Able to respond quickly to requests
- Must be able to interact with people of all levels
- Knowledge of basic nursing care
- Sitters are responsible for remaining with the assigned patient at all times during their assigned shift
- Assists the R.N. to provide an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and employees
- Assists in identifying patient response to care provided and reports patient condition to the RN to assure achievement of desired outcomes
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge, demonstrate new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance
- Attends mandatory training and development activities and meets institutional and departmental health and safety requirements by established deadlines
- Remains current in unit/hospital information and job expectations and training
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers and other health care team members
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.