We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmental and age-appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
- Obtains and documents vital signs (without the use of continuous physiologic monitors) and notifies professional of abnormal findings as evidenced by supervisory observation and review of medical records
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with multiple RNs in a professional manner to prioritize workload based on patient/family needs as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback
- Assist in identifying patient/family response to care provided
- Provide input to the RN for the development and ongoing modification of the plan of care, as evidenced by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback, and review of the plan of care
- Maintain accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
- Demonstrate commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Participate in achieving hospital/unit goals
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required
- One of the following is required in addition to the high school diploma or GED:
- Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g.
- Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associate’s Degree/Etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program).
- Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire.
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.