We are searching for a Room Management Specialist (EMT/Paramedic/LVN) – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will facilitate patient transfers to/from outside healthcare facilities (Transfer Center). To place patients within Texas Children's Hospital (Bed Control) in order to maximize available beds to patients requesting beds based on acuity, diagnosis, age and sex. This is accomplished by cross training in both areas to ensure a working knowledge of both the Transfer Center and Bed Control functions. Room Management works to ensure that Bed Placement Guidelines and state and federal regulations are adhered to.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High School Diploma or GED required
- LVN - Lic-Licensed Vocational Nurses Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure required OR
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Tech-Basic Texas Department of State Health Services required
- 2 years Transfer Center and/or 911 dispatch experience preferred
- Maximizes available beds to patients requesting beds based on acuity, diagnosis and age
- Processes transfer requests within federal/state regulatory requirements and Hospital policies, procedures and guidelines
- Monitor and/or Maintain data integrity
- Accurately identifies a patient and assigns a unique patient identification number (medical record number) for the Hospital’s Integrated Delivery System
- Participates in the department’s process improvement program
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.