LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for an ECHO Sonographer III — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform high-quality and complex echocardiographic exams. You will independently perform TEE studies on patients that range in age from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Technical diploma from a school of ultrasound (e.g., Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or a bachelor’s degree in biological science
• Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Sonography Canada
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an echo sonographer with two (2) years in a pediatric environment
• Perform high-quality echocardiographic exams and collaborate with the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of complex congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities
• Assist and participate with the technical echocardiographic training of technologists, Pediatric Fellows, and visitors
• Perform daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, and ensure all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and safe for operation
• Demonstrate customer service skills and collaborate with departmental staff and other health care professions to ensure high-quality patient care
• Engage in quality assurance control on the team while monitoring the completion of all departmental, regulatory, and professional training requirements as designated
About Texas Children’s