LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Case Manager (Registered Nurse) -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assess, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual's health needs. This position provides comprehensive ongoing case management services by coordinating and managing care of high-risk members in order to meet multiple service needs across the continuum of care, ensure optimal member outcomes that address quality, service, customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness. This role also assists the member/member's family in coping with illness by optimizing the member's/family's self-care abilities and supporting their consumer rights.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Comprehensively assesses member’s biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, discharge planning needs and financial status.
• Utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with the member and the entire family unit, through phone conversations and face to face conversations.
• Completes home visits
• Serves as a liaison with community organizations involved in the interests of the maternity and pediatric population
• Maintains flexible schedule for travel, some evenings and weekends for member visits are optional, health fairs and member and community educational outreach
• Accurately accesses own learning needs and developed strategies to meet them
• Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services
• Assess resource utilization and cost management: the diagnosis, past and present treatment; prognosis and goals (short and long term)
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Diploma in nursing, Associate’s degree in nursing or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
• RN license from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the state of Texas required
• Driver’s license required, own transportation
• Auto insurance required
• Case Management certification preferred
• 3 years’ clinical experience in pediatrics including home care, case management, managed care, or utilization review required
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
About Texas Children’s