We are searching for an Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this role, you’ll administer a variety of respiratory care procedures in a developmentally/age appropriate manner for patients ranging from neonates to adults. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Respiratory Certification/Registry Program Technical Diploma required.
- Preferred Graduate of an A.M.A approved Associates degree certification/registry program OR may be a graduate of an A.M.A. approved Bachelor degree program in respiratory care
- Current license to practice respiratory care the in the State of Texas
- Certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist - RRT
- Preferred - A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience in both critical and non-critical care areas, with a minimum of six (6) months of experience in critical care.
- Performs patient care activities according to policy and/or guidelines, and in compliance with MD order to provide optimal patient outcome
- Documents patient-related activities according to policy/guidelines accurately and legibly
- Facilitates good communication with physician, nurses, and other members of the health care team to coordinate optimal patient care
- Performs medical record review to ensure physician's orders for respiratory care are current, signed off appropriately, coincident with therapy delivered, and are optimal for patient outcome
- Communicates with physicians, provides suggestions and input into the patient's plan of care, attempts to initiate respiratory protocols for all applicable patients, attends physician rounds consistently
- Provides instruction to patients and families
- Provides orientation/reinforcement to respiratory care modalities pertaining to their disease process
- Expand professional knowledge base and clinical capabilities
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.