We are searching for a Clinical Dietician— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assess the nutritional needs of patients, develop and implement nutritional care plans, and communicate information to those in need in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of the patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Registered Dietician (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registry
- Licensed Dietician (LD) from the Texas Department of Licensing
- Develop, implement and evaluate patient nutritional care plans
- Provide age-appropriate education to support the nutritional plan of care and assess the learning needs and readiness to learn for all patients and families
- Collaborate with other professionals to integrate and communicate nutrition principles that enhance patient outcomes
- Participate in and interpret uses for research the enhance clinical practices
- Document nutrition care effectively within medical records and utilize SBAR techniques to facilitate handoffs to the different level of care or care providers
- Contribute to departmental development and visibility by actively participating in the review and revision of nutrition-related resources and policies and procedures
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.