LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Senior EEG Technologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring, Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography procedures according to facility policy and procedures. The Technologist will maintain patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. The Senior Technologist provides findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Excellent communication skills are essential for this position. The Senior Technologist also performs procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or GED required
• One of the following Registries Required:
o CNIM from the American Society of Neurophysiological Monitoring
o REEGT from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists
o RPSGT from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists required
• 2 years’ experience in n Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
• Graduation from an Electroneurodiagnostic Technology program will substitute for two years of experience
• Provides quality patient-centered neurodiagnostic testing
• Performs patient assessment as related to care such as electrode product allergies, movement restrictions and cognitive function
• Perform routine and complex Neurodiagnostic procedures in accordance with ABRET/ACNS guidelines and ASET competencies and/or BRPT/AAST
• Assists in training and assessment of END technologists in neurodiagnostic procedures and techniques
• Seeks exposure to educational opportunities to enhance professional growth and technical knowledge related to the brain or neuro-anatomy, disease, and neurodiagnostic practice
• Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
• Maintains Continuous Service Readiness (CSR) within center, to ensure a safe environment, quality patient care, and successful completion of site surveys (i.e., mock surveys, Joint Commission)
About Texas Children’s