We are searching for a Behavioral Health Clinician for inpatient support -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will develop, plans, and delivers evidence-based assessment and therapy services to youth and families. Engages in social work services to assist patients and families in identifying and utilizing health care and community resources optimally.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Provides evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screenings/assessment, and focused patient/family counseling/therapy in accordance with the patients/family’s right to self-determination and principles of confidentiality
• Develops, implements and/or updates comprehensive pediatric social work care plans
• Facilitates patient/family use of community resources
• Pursues Professional Development
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Master’s degree in social work or related
• Licenses/Certifications: LCSW -Lic Clinical Social Worker by the Texas Behavioral Health Ex Counc (TBHEC), LPC -Licensed Prof Counselor by the Texas Behavioral Health Ex Counc (TBHEC), MFT -Lic Marriage &Family Therapist by the Texas Behavioral Health Ex Counc (TBHEC)
• Required 2 years of social work experience with preferred previous employment in health care, a health care specialization in schooling, or a fieldwork practicum in health care
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.