LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Director of Patient Care Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide 24-hour accountability for the clinical, administrative, and human resources activities within designated clinical service(s). This role ensures the delivery of high quality, cost effective, developmentally appropriate patient care in a family centered care environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
• Master’s degree in nursing, business, or healthcare related field required
• RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact required
• 5 years nursing experience including 3 years of management/leadership experience required
• Ensures the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care within a family centered care environment, as measured by variance analysis reports, revenue enhancement/expense reduction, patient satisfaction results patient complaints, regulatory compliance, and new programs/initiatives
• Mentors other leaders in order to enhance performance and develop leadership skills and promotes the on-going development of staff as measured by direct observation, participation in leadership development sessions and feedback from leaders and staff
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical leadership, direct reports, and appropriate interdepartmental liaisons to ensure the achievement of identified goals
• Identifies, facilitates, and participates in Performance Improvement projects that enhance patient care delivery systems and/or patient satisfaction.
• Identifies, provides, and creates opportunities for staff ongoing professional development to provide a consistent level of service
• Develops and prioritizes service-based goals and operational objectives that support the IDS Strategic Plan as measured by goal accomplishment and direct observation
About Texas Children’s