LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Transport Registered Respiratory Therapist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide quality respiratory care, treatment, and stabilization of critically ill patients during transport and on code/rapid response calls. Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating respiratory care to critically ill patients including neonates, pediatric and adult patients in an evidenced-based and family-centered manner during transport and as code/rapid response RRT
• Demonstrates commitment and dedication to patients and families. In collaboration with the RN ,keep the family informed of a patient condition and plan of care. Serves as a patient/family advocate while caring for the patient and family.
• Demonstrates commitment to program development and quality initiatives. Demonstrates positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills when interacting with patients, families, visitors and members of the health care team. Communicates effectively and maintains positive interpersonal relationships in working with colleagues, patients, families outside institutions/agencies and the public.
• Responsible for maintaining professional development of self and others. Maintain clinical competence/expertise across all aspects of respiratory care and treatment –including: intubations/ventilator management/nitric implementation. Maintain competence in use of systems: Epic/EMS charts and other systems as indicated.
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required Technical diploma in Respiratory Therapy with a preferred Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy
o RCP - Lic- Respiratory Care - RCP by the Texas Medical Board
o BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
o PASSPORT - US Passport/Int'l Doc by the US Department of State (Required within 4 months of hire)
o RRT-NPS - Cert-Neo/Pedi Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (Required within 4 months of hire)
o PALS - Cert-PALS by the American Heart Association (Required within 4 months of hire)
o NRP - Cert-Neonatal Resusci Prog by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association. (Required within 4 months of hire)
o ACLS - Cert-Adv Cardiac LS ACLS by the American Heart Association (Required within 6 months of hire)
o RRT CERT - Cert-Reg Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care
o C-NPT - Cert-Neonatal Ped Transport by the National Certification Corporation (Required within 18 months of hire) Required 2 years of Critical care experience in a pediatric or neonatal intensive care setting or Pediatric EC experience in a Level 1 trauma center. Preferred 3 years of Critical care experience in a pediatric or neonatal intensive care setting, or Pediatric EC experience in a Level 1 trauma center