We are searching for a MFM Sonographer Educator -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will create and coordinate centralized and decentralized staff development programs, performance improvement initiatives and special projects for the MFM and OB departments. This role will act as clinical expert and consultant for MFM Ultrasound (direct patient care) functions within the department and assigned work groups.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, implements, coordinates and evaluates educational programs for MFM Sonographers and MFM Sonographer trainee staff
- Develop and coordinate employee orientation programs (departmental and clinic-specific), schedules new employees for required orientation components and monitors their progression
- Mentors and develops staff to assist with employee orientation and program implementation
- Assists and evaluates preceptor/buddy competency annually and submits to appropriate manager for inclusion into staff performance appraisal
- Manages special projects and performance improvement initiatives for the department
- Works closely with Quality and Outcomes Management to establish a proficient knowledge base of all regulatory agency standards and an expert knowledge base of key areas related to Sonography and relevant standard changes as evidenced by attendance and participation organizational readiness committees
- Provides MFM Ultrasound consultation and expertise to individual clinics and ancillary departments to enhance and improve clinical operations and patient care
Skills & Requirements
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Credentialed in Fetal Echocardiography specialty preferred
- Credentialed in Neurosonology specialty preferred
- RDMS from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required
- OB-GYN from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required
- NUCH TRA-Nuchal Translucency from the Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NTQR) required
- 5 years maternal fetal medicine ultrasonographer scanning experience required
- 7 years’ experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer preferred
About Texas Children’s
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.