We’re looking for a Supervisor of the Document Center/Keyer Department, someone who’s ready to grow with our company. In this position you will serve as a front line supervisor by managing and directing the activities of a team of Data Entry Keyers and Document Center employees. To handle claims processing concerns and issues requiring a high degree of appropriate knowledge, creativity, research and communication with internal and external resources to achieve timely resolution. To ensure resources are utilized efficiently, in accordance with Claims Administration objectives that consistently promotes internal and external customer quality and satisfaction. Assist the Manager of the Claims Department by monitoring the daily workflow for team members in reference to claim volume, receipts and processing. To act as a communication conduit between the staff members and management.
Think you've what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision of the daily operations for Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers in our Bellaire office.
- This is a 100% in-office position.
- Proactively identifies and solves problems with timely resolution of complex issues referred by Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers. Identifies the most appropriate course of action for problem resolution and effectively communicates the plans to those impacted. These issues frequently require research, collaboration with other departments, communications with external resources, and response creation.
- Participates in new-hire interviews and make recommendations for candidate selection.
- Regularly monitors Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers using the daily productivity report to ensure Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers are performing within Claims Administration’s production goals and identify any individual coaching or group training for long-term performance improvement and teamwork. Identify opportunities and recognize positive behaviors of Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers.
- Daily monitors and tracks processing time frames of UB and HCFA claims, Correspondence and Rejects, to ensure daily requirements are being met. Consistently provides accurate documentation to demonstrate each team member is meeting the required processing times
- Provides front line questioning/answer and research.
- Performs Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers post training follow up and review.
- Assists the Manager with conducting performance reviews and team meetings and in identifying opportunities for process and service improvement initiatives.
- Supervise the performance of the Document Center employees and Data Entry Keyers and executing necessary actions.
- Ensure transparency and open communication/feedback with TCHP Management of any barriers that may exist to completing the tasks associated with the Cash Receipt/Refunds/Deposit process, in a timely manner.
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Knowledge of the health plan’s operations, claim and eligibility systems, ICD-9, CPT/HCPCS coding (and their successors), detailed claims processing experience, Medicaid state regulations and rules.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and adopt a customer service perspective; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface with all levels of management, be detail oriented with the ability to multitask and display leadership skills.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required
- 5 years of claims processing experience Required
About Texas Children’s
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.