We are searching for a Staff Nurse Urgent Care -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. Works collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age-appropriate care. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required Diploma in Nursing Or Associate's degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license. Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- RN - Lic-Registered Nurses by the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact
- BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data. Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per site rotocol. Collects and documents vital signs, height/weight and reason for visit. Graphs data per site protocol. Documents current medications, allergies and other information per site protocol with 100% accuracy.
- Provides general patient care. Prepares patient for examination per site protocol. Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of site. Completes treatments as directed by provider and within scope of site.
- Administers medication and immunization. Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol. Documents administration of medication and immunizations in the medical record per site protocol. Reports all medication and immunization errors to supervisor immediately after becoming aware of the error.
- Assists with education of patient/family. Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol. Documents such education in the medical record.
- Coordinates referrals. Assures family has contact information for referral. Assures family has documentation needed for referral.
- Triages patients. Triages presenting patient complaint per site protocol. Triages phone calls per site protocol and within scope of site standards. Documents all clinical patient phone calls per organization recommendations.
- Collects Specimens and Performs Laboratory Test. Verifies provider order and patient per site protocol. Collects and processes specimen according to manufacturer’s instructions and using proper technique. Follows site protocol in reporting and documenting results.
- Demonstrates service philosophies to patients and families. Identifies self. Explains visit process.