LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for an Ophthalmic Photographer, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will support the execution of organization wide ophthalmic initiatives by providing high quality photographic and diagnostic imaging while sustaining a functional image library. Will be responsible for ophthalmic imaging including, but not limited to, OCT, fundus photography, ophthalmic ultrasound, biometry, retinal angiography, pentacam, IOLmaster, external and anterior segment photography. When needed, will provide photographic documentation for medical research/procedures as well as risk management needs
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs as an Ophthalmic Photographer.
• Execute photographic assignments to support Ophthalmology strategies by providing high quality ophthalmic imaging utilizing the different camera systems and diagnostic equipment in the outpatient eye clinics, inpatient service, and operating room when needed (including but not limited to OCT, B Scan, A scan/IOLmaster, fundus and retinal photography/angiography).
• Work closely with physicians in clinics and vendors to discuss and implement the photographic execution of ophthalmic photography.
• Acts as medical photographer of surgical procedures and patient studies to support research and educational goals of the medical staff. Photographer must have the knowledge and/or be trained to enter sterile spaces and document various medical situations using guidelines of requesting party as well as additional guidelines referenced in user manuals of diagnostic equipment used in clinics.
• Works with Medical Records to ensure photographs are securely archived and supplies copies of photos as necessary for medical record requests.
• Operates copy camera designed for slide reproductions of X-rays and printed materials to support research and educational goals of the medical staff.
• Serves as primary liaison for the maintenance and upkeep of the ophthalmic imaging equipment. Maintains up to date knowledge regarding new techniques in ophthalmic imaging as well as new instrumentation.
• Cross trains ophthalmic technicians in basic ophthalmic photography techniques so coverage can be provided in his/her absence.
• Coordinates daily activities to ensure photography needs of the organization can be met in a timely manner.
• Performs preliminary measurements and exams on both pediatric and adult ophthalmology patients.
• Performs other essential job-related duties.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required Bachelor's Degree
• Required Licenses/Certifications
o BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
o OCT-C Certified Optical Coherence Tomographers by the Ophthalmic Photographers' Society
o ROUB Registered Ophthalmic Ultrasound Biometrist by the JCAHPO
• Preferred COT - Cert-Cert Ophthalmic TECH by the JCAHPO
• Required 3 years' experience
About Texas Children’s