LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for a Staff Pharmacist, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will promote pharmaceutical care by managing the medication process, identifying and preventing potential drug-related problems, and resolving actual drug-related problems. Also, to perform a registered pharmacist's duties as defined by Texas Children's Hospital. All responsibilities will be performed developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures medications meet the highest standards.
· Ensures the appropriateness of all medication doses in reference to the patient’s diagnosis, weight/body surface area, allergies, and drug interactions as evidenced by lack of medication incidents.
· Accurately enters medication orders in computer as evidenced by lack of medication incidents.
· Ensures the medications the patient receives are correct as documented by lack of dispensing errors file.
· Ensures medication orders are processed and doses are delivered within established guidelines as evidenced by peer review or by the lack of medication incident/customer complaint.
· Follows aseptic technique and infection control in the preparation of sterile products. Insists technicians and other Pharmacists practice aseptic techniques and infection control. Completes annual re-certification and scores at least 90% on the aseptic technique/infection control skills and written exam as documented by a qualified observer.
· Participates in the education of patients, care givers, and the community.
· Supports patient safety systems.
· Communicates with others.
· Engages in shift management.
· Performs other essential functions.
· Contributes to the medication management process.
· Supervises and ensures accuracy of technician preparation of all pharmaceutical preparations.
· Supervise and ensure accuracy of technician actions.
· Participates in study initiation, maintenance, and closure.
Skills & Requirements
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Required bachelor's degree Pharmacy and Ph.D. Pharm. D. degree.
· Required RPH – Pharmacist by the State of Texas
· 40 hours of training in compounding sterile products accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education or the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists preferred.
About Texas Children’s