LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Department Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide departmental support, which could include administrative support for Asst Directors and/or other faculty/physicians and leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer telephones in a professional manner, take accurate messages and transfer calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner
• Develop and maintain a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines and stores them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner
• Prepare confidential minutes and reports, general correspondence and other written documentation, forms, charts, etc. using appropriate applications/software
• At the direction of departmental personnel, initiates and processes Purchase Orders and Check Requests as needed, in accordance with TCH policies and procedures, and maintains the prescribed annual records of these transactions
• Complete special projects as required on time
• Communicate with staff and other outside individuals daily in a professional and courteous manner
• Perform other duties in accordance with TCH policies and procedures as assigned by management within the specified time
• Maintain calendars, as requested
• Maintain conference room schedules. Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry
• Secure appropriate outside assistance when required, e.g. high speed copying, graphics, binding, and couriers
• Facilitate travel arrangements including processing registrations for meetings/conferences or seminars, flight schedules, hotel and ground transportation as needed
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• H.S. Diploma Or Equivalent Required
• 2 Years Administrative/Secretarial Experience, Preferably In A Healthcare Environment
About Texas Children’s