We are searching for a Senior Financial Analyst — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist in maintaining the financial and statistical records of the Health Plan, ensuring that executives, management, and the board can continuously measure Health Plan performance relative to its goals and strategies.
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- 5 Years Accounting Or Analytical Work Experience Required
Bachelor's Degree In Accounting, Finance, Or Business Administration Required
- Master’s degree or CPA license may substitute for two years
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that monthly source data validates current membership, retroactive membership adjustments and payment amounts, according to contracted rates and membership distribution
- Strong Knowledge of Excel
- Review monthly membership and payment amounts to resolve errors and discrepancies, and identify and analyze issues or trends that need attention
- Reconcile claims expense to lag schedules and research and correct any discrepancies.
- Calculate IBNR in accordance with TCHP procedure using reconciled lag and payment schedules.
- Reconcile accrual-based expense totals to actual cash distribution and ensure that payments are made in timely fashion.
- Coordinate with Treasury to monitor available cash against expected cash requirements
- Analyze and resolve issues that create discrepancies among revenue membership and eligibility membership
- Reconcile revenue amounts reported for general ledger, financial reporting, decision support, and regulatory reporting.
- Review reporting requirements to identify supporting schedules needed.
- Prepare schedules as assigned for monthly, quarterly and annual financial and regulatory reporting packets.
- Research and respond to inquiries from management and other departments.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget. Assists managers and directors in comparing budget to actual performance
About Texas Children’s
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.