We are searching for a part-time Surgery Coordinator with our ENT clinic at our West Campus location-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will independently perform surgery scheduling for multiple subspecialty surgical services as well as assist in the coordination of providers schedules in order to effectively manage patient care, while providing excellent customer care in the ambulatory setting.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years healthcare experience (medical assistant, front desk specialist, administrative assistant) required
- Prior work in an Ambulatory Clinic environment preferred
- Establishes and maintains an efficient system for filing and retrieval of documents on a weekly basis and in a timely manner
- Ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for their surgery
- Refers all patients with insurance or funding concerns to the financial counselor or prior-authorization department
- Schedules follow up appointments for post-operative patients
- Advises the patient/parent of insurance responsibilities, such as the need to obtain primary care physician referrals if insurance requires them. Refers in-depth financial questions to the appropriate staff
- Schedules ancillary appointments, diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions
- Creates, changes and coordinates provider master surgery schedules/templates for new and existing providers
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.