We are searching for a — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for the organization and project management of broad-based department initiatives.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as project manager for various multi-faceted strategic and business-related projects. Formulates, administers, and maintains the detailed Project Plan, which will include all required activities, tasks, risks, issues, and resources requirements, leading to a successful and timely implementation. Provides regular project status reports as required. Ensures project documentation (agendas, minutes, project plans, presentations, etc.) is complete, timely, accurate, and in accordance with standards and policies. Facilitates, communicates, listens, and works with project team members. This may include communication and coordination with internal and external customers, including the ability to make formal and informal presentations to technical and/or non-technical staff and leadership. Determines staff resource needs by assessing the size, duration, scope, and complexity of the project. Provides timely support to staff or team members to help achieve the project's goals. Interacts with leadership to understand project needs and priorities. Establishes project governance and conducts steering and work team meetings. Plans and executes smooth transition of system responsibilities to support staff and/or leaders at completion of project. Manages three important variables pertaining to projects: cost, scope, and time. Develops and reports appropriate project metrics.
- Analyzes project standards, methodologies, and impacts. Obtains, validates, analyzes and manipulates data from various internal and external sources to assist in making informed decisions. Develops processes to ensure ongoing data management associated with data reporting needs. Analyzes project impacts and dependencies across the Integrated Delivery System. Completes special projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor. Determines, analyzes, and formulates current practices, user needs, and workflow processes, issues, and potential solutions on projects. Appraises alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility. Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize the advantages of existing systems.
- Serves as the representative of a participating member of designated committees and/or taskforces. Uses facilitation and interpersonal skills to manage conflicts within the project team and escalates and involves leadership when deemed appropriate. Ability to communicate at all levels effectively and professionally in the organization that would require support and interaction to deliver a successful deliverable. Provides outstanding customer service, develops strong relationships with all project stakeholders. Identifies and resolves problems quickly and appropriately, and ensures communication is maximized and conducive to a positive, productive work environment.
- Prepares and analyzes project metrics and assists in background research as needed. Determines, analyzes, and formulates workflows, processes and data analysis regarding current practices, stakeholder needs and potential improvements. Conducts literature, benchmark, and best practice searches. Analyzes metrics and suggests appropriate sample size, measurement, and validation methods. Prepares baseline calculations of project metrics. Facilitates the ownership of project metrics by the end user stakeholders. Analyzes project impacts and dependencies across end user and support departments
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, Biology or other business, healthcare, or science field
- Required 4 years business, project, finance, or healthcare experience
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, Biology or other business, healthcare or science field can be substituted for two (2) years of experience
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.