LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re looking for a Monitor Technician, someone who’s ready to grow with our company. In this position you will manage telemetry equipment and monitor patients. To provide clerical assistance, medical records management, order communication, charge posting, and coordination of ancillary testing/procedures. To act as the receptionist for the nursing unit.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the general operations of the telemetry unit.
• Sets up telemetry channel for patient monitoring within 15 minutes of receiving telemetry order to ensure immediate monitoring of patient’s EKG rhythm (name of patient, room number, history, arrhythmia protocols, pacemaker function and alarm rates) as determined by competency observation.
• Demonstrates problem-solving skills with telemetry equipment as measured daily by observation and documentation.
• Demonstrates proper procedure for monitoring patients on holter as needed via telemetry as measured by observation, competency, and interview.
• Acts as a resource to assist staff in increasing knowledge and utilization of telemetry equipment as measured by observation and interview.
• Monitors and performs age-appropriate interpretation of EKG patterns on telemetry module screen to ensure detection of any changes.
• Communicates information with members of the health care team.
• Communicates effectively with patients and families
• Pulls and documents patient’s rhythm in the chart every shift and in the rhythm log every two hours as measured through documentation.
• Ensures daily charges are entered, audited, and reconciled to include follow up on discrepancies 95% of the time, as measured by supervisory observation and accuracy of reconciliation reports.
• Performs medical records management by assembling, creating, thinning, and maintaining medical records, as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback.
• Participates in unit-based Performance Improvement program.
• Maintain visitor log and entry logs.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or equivalent
• Required Training in age-appropriate EKG interpretation and experience as a Monitor Technician