LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Dental Hygienist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide dental assistance in the patient care area. You will also ensure that all care provided is developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-18 years) and adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene.
· DH – Dental Hygienist from the Texas Board of Dental Examiners
· NOM CERT- Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Certification from the Texas Board of Dental Examiners.
· BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
· 5 years’ experience in a healthcare setting required preferable orthodontics.
Sterilizes and maintains instruments, cleans dental carts and sets up instrument trays daily according to guidelines.
· Prepares treatment rooms, adhering to prescribed protocols. Provides oral assessments of children and adults.
· Reviews and records medical and dental histories and vital signs and reports findings to the dentist.
· Evaluates the condition of patients' gums, teeth, and mouth.
· Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening, feeling and visually examining gums. Uses probes to locate periodontal disease and assess levels of recession of children and adults.
· Takes, exposes, and interprets dental x-rays.
· Provides supra and subgingival of teeth. Removes dental plaque, calculus, and stain from teeth.
· Applies sealants and fluorides.
About Texas Children’s