LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a CT Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional quality routine and specialized CT procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. The CT Specialist is responsible for patient care, appropriate documentation, quality control, and quality improvement. They also provide training, education and mentoring to students, technologists, nursing, residents, fellows, staff, and others.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• CMRT certification from the Texas Medical Board required
• CT-NMTCB certification from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or CT-AART certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists required
• R-AART certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists preferred
• 3 years Radiology experience (any/all modalities required)
• Checks room daily for adequate stock necessary to facilitate continuous exam flow. Maintains appropriate inventory as indicated by posted par levels and updates supply lists when items are needed
• Provides clear and detailed information regarding the procedure to the patient, family, and others.
• Working independently performs routine, STAT, urgent, on-call and intraoperative CT cases, while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper diagnostic scanning
• Performs high quality imaging procedures, determines technical exposure factors, identifies, and removes artifact producing objects, and utilizes shielding devices to protect the patient, self and others
• Follows procedure protocol including performance of venipuncture, administration of prescribed medications, and use of pre-exposure radiopaque markers for anatomical and procedural references
• Documents radiation exposure parameters, medications, use of shielding devices and radiation safety practices as required
• Applies patient safety principles during all aspects of CT procedures, including assisting and transporting patients
• Evaluates operations, resolves questions and provides follow-up to ensure appropriate actions are taken
About Texas Children’s