LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for an Ambulatory Service Rep -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing virtual and/or non-virtual ambulatory clinics. You may orient the patient to the virtual visit process to ensure patient success, if applicable. You will also expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using the electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. This role collects pre-visit payments and communicates with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. This role also secures the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• High school diploma or GED required
• 2 years’ experience in customer service required
• Healthcare and/or Pediatric experience preferred
• Performs patient registration procedures per department process
• Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive
• Maintains an organized filing system of current referrals in progress and already appointed, communicates all missed appointments to PCP, and destroys missed referrals after one month
• Maximizes collection by reviewing patient notes for amounts quoted during pre-admission process and collects for non-pre-admitted services as appropriate
• Schedules ancillary appointments, diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions
• Participates in performance improvement activities by developing annual clinic goals, coordinating PI projects, and taking part in the action planning process
About Texas Children’s