We are searching for a Department Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide departmental support, which could include administrative support for Assistant Directors and/or other faculty/physicians and leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years secretarial experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required
- Develops and maintains a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines and stores them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner
- Prepares confidential minutes and reports, general correspondence and other written documentation, forms, charts, etc. using appropriate applications/software
- Maintains coffee and other food supplies provided by department and insures maintenance of general cleanliness of department, including scheduling of routine and/or needed maintenance of facilities
- Notifies department personnel regarding issues, scheduled changes for departmental meetings and other information related to coordination of departmental activities
- Maintains conference room schedules. Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry