We are searching for an Ambulatory Services Representative for Urology -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. You will also collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-years’ experience in customer service required
- Healthcare and/or Pediatric experience preferred
- Performs patient registration procedures per department process
- Obtains and verifies patient demographic data for each encounter
- Confirms patient appointments, verifying patient demographics and insurance information
- Enters, batches, and reconciles charges daily
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed
- Provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying, faxing, mailing and filing documents; and collecting and distributing mail
- Serves in key role to assure most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.