LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a CT Generalist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional quality routine and specialized CT procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. The CT Generalist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. The CT Technologist also prepares, administers and document activities related to mediations in accordance with state regulations and institution policy.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• CMRT certification from the Texas Medical Board required
• CT-NMTCB certification from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or CT-ARRT certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists required
• R-ARRT certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists preferred
• Assesses factors that may contraindicate the procedure such as medication contraindications, patient risk for reaction to medications, patient history, laboratory results, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts
• Provides clear and detailed information regarding the procedure to the patient, family, and others. Addresses patient/ family questions regarding the procedure and refers questions about diagnosis, treatment or prognosis to a licensed independent practitioner
• Performs routine, STAT, urgent, and intraoperative CT cases while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper diagnostic scanning
• Responsible for precise, complete and accurate data entry and image management in appropriate technology infrastructure: EPIC, PACS, etc
• Documents radiation exposure parameters medications, use of shielding devices and radiation safety practices as required
• Evaluates images to determine technical acceptability. Ensure proper identification and markings are appropriately recorded
• Participates and leads continuing education in-service programs, reads professional publications, reviews procedure manuals, and attends trainings
• Communicates effectively with appropriate medical staff to answer associated clinical care questions
About Texas Children’s