LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re looking for a Manager of Behavioral Health for our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), someone who is ready to grow with our company. In this position you will manage and lead daily clinic and personnel activities of Behavioral Health clinical areas. The Manager participates and coordinates the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the clinic level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Coordination of operations: Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between providers, families, clinical staff, and ancillary departments to promote high patient, provider, and other team member satisfaction.
• Monitors current and projected patient volumes and clinical processes via data collection and observation. Effectively and succinctly compiles, analyzes, and presents data to diagnose process improvement opportunities and goals to team and department. Uses data to make decisions for staffing effectiveness. Monitors productivity and assures that staffing resources are aligned with patient care needs.
• Ensures continuity in the standard of care by participating in hospital-wide committees as appropriate.
• Staff scheduling/productivity: Monitors staffing requirements and productivity levels by establishing staffing guidelines based on patient needs and budgetary guidelines within review at least annually. Participates in the decision-making processes for hiring new employees.
• Staff development: Coaches and develops using an interdisciplinary approach to individual team members by providing structured feedback for each staff member through yearly development plans and formal follow-up at least twice a year.
• Assists in the development of professional and clinical staff along the novice to expert continuum. Assures staff competencies specific to specialty based on initial orientation, ongoing training modules and regular competency assessments.
• Budget development and monitoring: Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of resources (equipment and supplies) while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals.
• Performance Improvement: Ensures delivery of quality, cost effective patient care within the family-centered care environment by participating in and/or leading one (1) performance improvement activity a year that improves clinical outcomes, patient flow, customer satisfaction or employee satisfaction.
• Supports the implementation of unit/department goals and communication of Texas Children’s strategic plan to staff.
• Ensures that all accrediting agencies’ requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understands the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Required bachelor's degree Business category, healthcare administration, behavioral health category, nursing, or applicable program with a preferred master's degree in a behavioral health field, nursing or in active pursuit of such advanced degree
• Required Licenses/Certifications:
o RN - Lic-Registered Nurses by the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact
o LCSW - Lic Clinical Social Worker by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners
o LPC - Licensed Prof Counselor by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
o LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners
• Required 3 years' experience with serving patients’ behavioral health needs and a preferred 2 years of behavioral health experience
About Texas Children’s