We are searching for a Family Services Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will ensure compliance with hospital policies, HIPPA regulations, and facilitate hospital response to requests for patient coordination. You will oversee compliance with requested items, which may include bed placement, EMTALA, and state transfer regulations. Lastly, you will prepare reports for executive groups and make recommendations on process improvements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in face-to-face customer service healthcare, family services, children's services, education, hospitality, or entertainment industries
- Coordinates patient needs in the hospital and ambulatory care setting.
- Maintains patient information databases.
- Prepares volume and patient activity reports for department
- Educates staff on department processes and coordinates compliance with organizational policies
- On-call support.
- Evaluates processes and facilitates changes to improve department function.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.