LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Pathology Patient Care Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform phlebotomy for inpatients and outpatients as well as order and process specimens in the laboratory.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• PBT-ASCP Certified Phlebotomy Technician certification preferred
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1 year phlebotomy experience required
· Interacts with patients and parents to perform phlebotomy procedures following protocols for age appropriate care
· Performs venepuncture, fingerstick, and heelstick phlebotomy procedures including blood cultures, newborn screens, dxylose and glucose tolerances, etc. as written in the Central Receiving and Processing manual
· Greets parents and patients promptly and courteously, values customers and gives customer full attentions
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Performs and participates in proficiency testing programs to validate competency as required
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment, maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Documents events in the event tracker as events are discovered. Investigates circumstances around the events and document
· directs workflow and staff breaks to ensure work is processed within the established turn-around time
About Texas Children’s