LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re searching for a Security Dispatcher II, someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you will provide sound and reliable judgment in analyzing and solving operational problems with facility systems. To understand the fundamental aspects of, and use, ARD (Automated Remote Diagnostic) tools to remotely diagnose and resolve facility operational problems. To use technical knowledge of HVAC, Refrigeration Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Energy Management Systems, Utility Distributions Systems, and associated Automation tools to support Facilities Operations' and hospital operational and safety objectives.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides diagnostic analysis of facility problems to resolve or assist Technician with resolution.
• Performs diagnostic/troubleshooting using remote diagnostics to determine the scope of a problem, the level of urgency, technical manpower required, and any special tools or equipment needed.
• Performs lower-level program changes for all BAS system controllers (i.e., holiday/permanent schedules, limit changes, off sets etc.) following organizational guidelines and procedures.
• Monitors Building Automation System (BAS) to include fire protection, medical air/gas, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, and other utility systems to ensure operational and environmental safety.
• Responds appropriately to system events and alarms by identifying source/s of problem, performing required online adjustments, and/or providing field technicians with appropriate information to resolve problem.
• Provides technical support to field service personnel to ensure work is performed quickly and efficiently.
• Documents resolution status of events, alarms, and diagnosed problems.
• Monitors daily operational logs and systems of equipment and Public Safety announcements.
• Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned area and other designated areas.
• Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork, and effective communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or GED with a preferred associate degree Industrial Engineering or technical discipline
• Preferred Licenses/Certifications
o STATENG1 - Stationary Engineer, 1st Grade by the City of Houston
o JRNYHVAC - Journeyman's License HVAC by the State of Texas
o JRNYPLUM - Journeyman's License Plumbing by the State of Texas
o JRNYELEC - Journeyman's License Electricl by the State of Texas
o NICET II - Nicet Level II by the by the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
o SMT - Systems Maintenance Technician by the BOMI International
o SMA - Systems Maint Administrator by the BOMI International
• Required 5 years Dispatch, security, police, or facilities (mechanical, electrical, security, etc.) experience
• Preferred 2 years of hospital experience
About Texas Children’s