LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for a Clinic Coordinator, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will perform routine to complex duties including scheduling new clinic patients for services, education, and tracking patient data to
assist with patient flow within the department.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinates patient activity including new patient orders, distribution and redistribution of patient assignments and other special needs as requested.
• Answers the telephone in a courteous, professional manner within three rings and responds appropriately to requests from physician offices, Admissions Department, Medical Record, parents and/or others, as observed by manager and peers.
• Coordinates daily patient activity with manager.
• Schedules special appointments for new patients, which may include the scheduling of the Special Needs Car Seat within 4 hours of receiving physician’s order. Coordinate scheduling with clinician, patient family and nurse (and interpreter as necessary).
• Interacts daily with the manager ensuring that all patient orders have been assigned.
• Escalates patient assignment concerns immediately.
• Communicates by telephone with parents, giving appropriate instructions and directions, scheduling, re-scheduling, and canceling car seat program appointments as requested.
• Communicates patient assignment to therapists within 30 minutes of receiving new patient order.
• Coordinates administrative needs for clinicians and leadership team.
• Performs general secretarial/clerical duties as assigned.
• Performs other essential job-related duties.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or GED
• Required 3 years related experience with preferred previous patient care experience
About Texas Children’s