LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Part-time, Urgent Care Registered Nurse — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. Works collaboratively with other member of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care. You are generally required to work shifts within one Region but may also be expected to pick up shifts outside of the assigned Region, as needed. Qualifying mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Diploma in Nursing Or Associate's Degree Nursing or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
• RN – License -Registered Nurses Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact And BLS Cert-Basic Life Support Required
• Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per site protocol.
• Collects and documents vital signs, height/weight and reason for visit.
• Prepares patient for examination per site protocol.
• Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of site.
• Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol.
• Documents administration of medication and immunizations in the medical record per site protocol.
• Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol.
• Documents such education in the medical record.
• Coordinates referrals.
• Triages presenting patient complaint per site protocol.
• Verifies provider order and patient per site protocol.
• Collects and processes specimen according to manufacturer’s instructions and using proper technique
• Demonstrates service philosophies to patients and families
About Texas Children’s