We are searching for an Flex Registered Nurse (West Campus)—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principles and cost-effective care. We need someone who can collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care. Think you've got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or an associate’s degree, technical diploma, or current enrollment in a nursing bridge program is required
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification with American Heart Association are required
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental ( age – appropriate), culture, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner.
- Analyzes situations, anticipates potential problem, and detects changes in patient status
- Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes to the patient’s condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences and documents in the medical record
- Assists patients/family in implementing their role in the plan of care as appropriate
- Assess patient family learning needs capabilities, preferences, and readiness to learn prior to teaching.
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members.
- Administers and documents medications and treatments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Participate in unit performance improvement initiatives.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.