About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a HVAC ll Mechanic for our evening shift, 3-11:30 M-F rotating weekends - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 5 years’ experience as an HVAC service-related technician required
AT LEAST ONE CURRENT of the following is required:
• AC/Refrigeration Contractor license from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation “or”
• HVAC State A with C endorse from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation “or”
• HVAC State B with C endorse from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation “or”
• Stationary Engineer 1st Grade license from the city of Houston “or”
• Stationary Engineer 2nd Grade license from the city of Houston “or”
• Stationary Engineer 3rd Grade license from the city of Houston
• Hospital experience preferred
• High-rise HVAC systems experience preferred
• Refrigeration certification preferred
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for HVAC and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team
• Maintains documentation to accurately record equipment problems and failures specifically including but not limited to work order completeness
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills equivalent to those required to receive a Commercial HVAC State B License with C endorsement or Stationary Engineer II License
• Perform troubleshooting and problem-solving maintenance duties for HVAC and associated systems and equipment according to standards established by management team
• Demonstrates technical knowledge depth for HVAC and associated systems according to standards established by management team
• Demonstrate accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic and teamwork
• Provides complete documentation as required by management and for authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ) specifically including but not limited to work order documentation
• Defines preventative maintenance parameters and processes for new pieces of equipment. Monitor effectiveness of existing preventative maintenance procedures