About Texas Children's Hospital
We are looking for a Contract Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting network management by completing research projects, processing and implementing provider agreements and provider changes, and answering provider calls. This position is also responsible for managing and completing major departmental projects.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages LOI process, prepares service forms for provider information and contract changes, works service flow queues for contract/application process
• Monitors TMHP website for provider reimbursement changes on a monthly basis
• Provides ongoing support to network management department and other internal customers as needed
• Answers network management’s main provider phone line and triage/resolve provider issues
• Submits required reports, ad hoc reports, and completed projects to management in a timely manner
• Demonstrates proficiency with software applications that are necessary to complete assigned tasks including but not limited to call tracking system and claims payment system as well as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software products
• Maintains all boilerplate contracts
• Reviews Texas Department of Insurance regulations and Texas Department of Health regulations as contractual obligations and recommends amendments to boilerplate contracts as needed
Skills & Requirements
• High school diploma or GED required
• Two years’ health care or managed healthcare experience required
• Bachelor degree may be substituted for the required experience
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.