About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Certified Sterile Processing Technologist-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure, assisting the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age-appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN). Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved medical or religious exemption.
• 2 years Sterile Processing experience in a hospital setting required
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Licenses/Certifications: CRCST - Cert-Cert Reg Cent Ser TECH by The Healthcare Sterile Processing Association and CSPDT - Cert-Sterile Proc & Dist Tech by the Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician issued by The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
• Processes decontaminated medical devices as they are received, according to established priorities, medical device IFU’s and best practices
• Receives instruments from the decontamination area and processes appropriately
• Performs physical and environmental duties as designated on a routine daily basis, including but not limited to cleaning workspace/instrument room/cabinets, emptying biohazards waste, monitoring sterilizers, and checking environmental monitors
• Completes sterilization processes
• Performs high-level disinfection
• Performs other duties as assigned, including other essential instrument room duties