About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Certified Medical Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients. Work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Skills & Requirements
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Graduation from a medical assisting or emergency medical technician program required
• 1-year related work experience preferred
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required through American Heart Association
• One of the following certifications is required: BLS, CCMA, CMA-AAM, CMA-C, EMT, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-1, EMT-P, LIC PAR, NCMA, MRCMA, RMA
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
• Provides general patient care
• Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per practice protocol
• Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol
• Performs and documents scheduled quality control, instrument maintenance and calibration procedures according to manufacturer information
• Collects specimens and performs laboratory tests
• Documents all clinical patient phone calls per the organizations recommendations
• Screens patient phone calls