LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Cardiac Catheterization Technologist - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform basic and critical care and assessment as well as technical, scrub and support functions pertinent to the operation of the department. Additionally, you’ll maintain the perpetual, accurate status of the Oracle inventory and Omnicell system, be responsible for the integrity of the Cath Lab supply inventory, and reconcile all inventory discrepancies.
Think you have what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Graduation from an accredited Radiology Technology or CV Tech education program required
• Previous cath lab technician experience Highly Preferred
• Demonstrates the highly specialized skills required in the Cardiac Cath Lab obtaining and analyzing of electrophysiologic and hemodynamic data including blood oxygen lab results and cardiac anatomy, hemodynamics, and dysrhythmias, and
• demonstrating proper documentation of data and patient’s response to care given during each procedure.
• Completes assessment according to protocol upon arrival and departure from the Cardiac Cath Lab
• Issues/verifies stock for Cath Lab, determines and adjusts reorder points and quantities to maintain appropriate inventory levels
• Receives, stocks and places daily orders, performs/reconciles cycle counts, audits supply usage and charges, issues, analyzes and acts on information from monthly reports for effective, accurate inventory management, keeps management updated, maintains accuracy of nomenclature and SIM numbers
• Demonstrates consistent, positive interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and visitors to generate a feeling of trust and genuine caring so that they will perceive excellence in patient care.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage time and resources for a typical patient assignment in a cost-effective manner
• Demonstrates flexibility by maintaining an active role in identifying and solving problems.
• Adapts appropriately to changes in workload.
• Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
About Texas Children’s