LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are looking for a Senior Systems Analyst with Epic background or experience in OpTime/Anesthesia. The Senior Systems Analyst has a major role in developing Epic application solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within Texas Children's Integrated Delivery System. The Senior Systems Analyst
- Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications.
- Facilitates and supports Epic system installation through the implementation cycle.
- Performs configuration analysis for system design.
- Analyzes system problems and modifications.
- Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems.
- Participates in the IDS Committee as an IS representative.
Think you've got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and Hospital and Medical Group Practice standard software.
• Familiarity with various operating systems used by Hospital and Medical Group Practice data processing techniques and practices.
• A working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments and of the healthcare industry is also required.
• Knowledge of Epic healthcare applications.
• Project management and planning, observe process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Epic certification is preferred
- H.S. Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other related field preferred
- Epic certification or proficiency is preferred
- 9 years experience in hospital information systems selection, implementation and support Additional Experience Check here if other experience may substitute for some of the above experience and describe how.
Education offset: Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience. Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) additional years of work experience.
Clinical experience: Up to two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience on a month to month basis.
Additional experience: Direct work experience at the Epic Systems Corporation will be counted at a premium, with every one (1) year of Epic Systems Corporation © experience counted as two (2) years of experience.
About Texas Children’s