Shift: 3p - 11:30p / Full Time / Variable Weekend Rotation
About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Certified Pharmacy Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist the pharmacist in the preparation related to the repackaging and compounding, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult). This role also assists in the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution of all controlled substances.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Processes prescriptions/medication orders and prepares medication
· Ensures proper distribution/delivery of pharmaceutical and supply shipments
· Ensures the doses are delivered within established departmental time-frame standards
· Completes and documents daily and monthly activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, and ordering supplies and forms
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail, and mailbox every shift
· Completes all daily filing, including medication orders and stop orders
· Works with Materials and Logistics to maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies
· Assists in the implementation of new formulations for manufactured products, new repackaged products, or any product deletions including updating the Master Formulation Book in the pharmacy areas, distributing, or pulling stock, and maintaining the M&R computer program
· Performs weekly inspections of pharmacy areas to ensure adequate supply of drug accountability logs and of study drugs and in preparation of scheduled patient study visits
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· RPHT-TX certification from the State Board of Pharmacy required, OR
· PHAR INT - Pharmacy Intern
· CPHT certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
· 2 years pharmacy technician experience preferred
· 40 hours of training in compounding sterile products accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education or the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists preferred
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!