About Texas Children's Hospital
We’re hunting for a Director of Technology Support, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will be responsible for the strategy, management, integration, and implementation of information and telecommunications systems and their respective technologies in support of the clinical, financial, and strategic missions. Responsible for positioning the organization with appropriate information technology systems to react proactively to healthcare changes. Ensure the development and implementation of systems which support the effective and efficient flow of patients and information across the system and maximize financial and clinical performance.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains the production operations platform with a 98% uptime record and initiates plans which will ensure or move the production operations to a 99.999% uptime environment. Responsibilities also include Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management within IS and coordination of those functions with the parallel enterprise functions.
• Maintains secure, stable, and managed Network(s) and systems with documentation and well-defined standards and metrics. Provides adequate firewall and secure remote access capabilities, with timely management reporting. Coordinates and cooperates as needed with internal and external auditors and audit projects.
• Integrate operations management to ensure systems reliability, compatibility, efficiency, and effectiveness. Define and structure operations staff to accommodate multiple hardware and software platforms and associated peripheral equipment. Perform constant monitoring of systems to determine capacity, throughput, sizing, and performance issues.
• Works with the Hospital management staff to prioritize technical support projects and set direction for technical support resources. Provides maintenance support and service for all information technology services within the Hospital and its remote locations.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures as needed to meet regulatory guidelines and/or customer needs. Prepares the annual budget; adheres to budget guidelines established for the Department by analyzing department needs at least monthly and efficient resource allocation.
• Provide executive leadership for the Information Systems department and to the enterprise regarding information needs, design, and utilization. Design and manage a strong service organization including retaining staff, developing staff, and restructuring where necessary. Develop relationships and explore opportunities that support the clinical, financial, and strategic objectives of the institution. Provide access to information technology in supporting patient care, education, and research. Provide business process analysis and reengineering whenever possible. Provide an ability to recruit and retain talented staff while mentoring existing staff.
• Provide persuasive presentation of value of technology, consensus building, and consulting skills are essential. Provide management of system integrators and subcontractors. Possess the ability to bridge information systems technology to users.
• Analyze, evaluate, and propose network, security, telecommunications, storage, database, and technology architecture: hardware, software, protocols, topology, and strategy. Evaluate additional software and hardware for usefulness and compatibility, monitor system utilization and capacity, provide capacity planning for peripherals including servers, storage, devices and provide leadership for tactical and strategic planning for all network related activities, negotiate contracts, integrate multiple vendors that provide services, research/evaluate/recommend/install network wide services, analyze network problems and resolve.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Required bachelor's degree
• Preferred master's degree
• Required 6 years' experience w/ information/ computer technology in a corporate setting and
• Required 5 years' experience in a supervisory role in a technological setting preferably in the health care environment
• Preferred experience with applications in clinical areas
• Preferred experience in a broad range of technologies, including those technologies employed and considered in the near term